When it comes to Workers Compensation, managers in businesses both large and small report the same concerns – it’s complicated, difficult and confusing.
That’s why organisations turn to On Track Injury Consulting for Workers Compensation & Injury Management Training. Are you training your managers to make your workers compensation work for you financially, operationally and culturally? We offer a practical and informative training program. The purpose of our training for your managerial staff is to empower them, improve internal and external communication whilst maximizing productivity. Whether you manage your workers compensation in house or outsource the function, this training will benefit your company.
WORKERS COMPENSATION TRAINING
Benefits of our training
- Improve your overall understanding of how workers compensation affects your business.
- As a manager understand your role and responsibilities regarding injury management.
- Learn more about your legal obligations.
- Understand the importance of a positive culture and workers compensation program.
- Clarity on the roles and responsibilities of the employer, worker, doctor and insurer.
- Understand the ‘life-cycle’ of a claim and the claim management process.
- Learn how to implement a return to work plan and manage an injured person in the workplace.
- Discuss the expectation of the employer around the process and procedures for workers compensation.
- Our training is ideal for managers at all levels – from CEO and senior managers to supervisory staff
- All our trainers are part of a multidisciplinary team experienced in workers compensation management.
- Training can take place at your workplace or in our training facilities.
- Duration Half day, 4 hours.
- Cost Varies according to number of participants and training location.
MANUAL HANDLING & ERGONOMIC TRAINING
On Track Injury Consulting training programs encourage a healthy attitude of involvement, ownership and team participation, which not only has a very positive impact on the well-being of staff by reducing the number of work station related injuries in the work environment, but also increases workforce morale.
Training is an essential aspect of control strategies for reducing injuries. The purpose of our programs are to develop knowledge, skills and experience for managing manual handling and ergonomic risks specific to the needs of your staff. It is aimed at injury prevention and minimising risk, in accordance with the requirements under the WHS Act 2011 for “the provision of any information, training, instruction or supervision that is necessary to protect all persons from risks to their health and safety, arising from work carried out as part of the conduct of the business or undertaking”.
Manual Handling Training
- Discussion on how the body moves and a life size model of the spine and pelvis are used to demonstrate the effects of manual handling.
- Discuss injuries that can result from manual handling.
- Identify hazards, risk and control measures in relation to manual handling.
- Safe manual handling techniques.
- Activity – participants are instructed in various set up spaces to discuss the specific tasks.
- Tutorial component – ergonomics of a workstation.
- Practical – adjusting your own workstation – exercises & stretches.
- Review of individual set up.
- Note any additional ergonomic requirements for report to employer.
- Information for posting on company intranet
- On Track will deliver a bespoke product for your company taking into consideration specific tasks.
- Training ensures the company meets its duty of care.
- Reduce the risks of injury and illness to your workforce.
- Reduce lost time injuries.
- Reduce workers compensation claims.
- Reduce disruption to your operations.
- Develop a positive safety culture.